This week: songs for you and your valentine–a little salty and a little sweet. Go have a listen on Apple Music if you missed it the first time.
- Billy Bragg & Wilco, “Way Over Yonder in the Minor Key,” Mermaid Avenue, 1998.
- The Black Keys, “Thickfreakness,” Thickfreakness, 2003.
- Muddy Waters, “I Want To Be Loved #2,” Hard Again, 1977.
- Marty Stuart, “Miss Marie & The Bedford Blaze,” Rig Rock Deluxe: A Salute to the American Truck Driver, 1996.
- David Allan Coe, “You Never Even Called Me By My Name,” 17 Greatest Hits, 1985.
- John Prine, “Yes I Guess They Oughta Name a Drink After You,” Diamonds in the Rough, 1972.
- Old Crow Medicine Show, “Down Home Girl,” Big Iron World, 2006.
- Carolina Chocolate Drops, “Your Baby Ain’t Sweet Like Mine,” Genuine Negro Jig, 2010.
- The Rolling Stones, “Loving Cup,” Exile on Main St., 1972.
- Shovels & Rope, “Keeper,” O’Be Joyful, 2013.
- Eric Clapton, “Lay Down Sally,” Slowhand, 1977.
- Georgia Satellites, “Keep Your Hands to Yourself,” Georgia Satellites, 1986. (BONUS TRACK)
Bulldog Gravy, Episode 101: Yes I Guess They Ought To Name a Drink After You